A lipstick stain can ruin any outfit, but there's no need to panic 😊 . Instead of using harsh chemicals, we suggest trying some natural methods to remove lipstick stains and protect your clothes at the same time.
Before putting your clothes in the washing machine, we advise you some important steps that you must continue:
The first thing you should do is act as soon as possible, since the longer the stain remains on the fabric, the more difficult it will be to remove. To start, scrape the stain with a small spoon, for example. to remove any excess lipstick. Then, gently press the stain with absorbent kitchen paper to remove excess grease, being careful not to spread the stain.
Once this is done, it's time to treat the lipstick stain. Lipsticks and lipsticks contain fixatives and various chemicals, making removing stains quite a challenge. Fortunately, there are some natural options that you can try.
Castile soap to remove lipstick stains
Castile soap is known for its stain-cleaning properties. Our No. 3 stain remover stick , made with olive oil and cold saponified, is an excellent option for removing lipstick stains. Follow these steps to use it:
- Moisten the stain with lukewarm water.
- Rub the Castile soap into the stain until it forms a thick layer.
- Let sit for at least two to three hours.
- Rinse with lukewarm water to remove the soap.
- Repeat the process if the stain persists.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine at a temperature of 40°C and dry it in the sun.
Dishwashing soap to remove lipstick stains
Dish soap is an effective degreaser for removing lipstick stains. Use our dishwashing soap No. 400 , which does not contain dyes. Follow these steps to use it:
- Pour some dish soap on the stain.
- Rub with lukewarm water until foam forms.
- Repeat until the stain is completely gone.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine as you normally would.
VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE
Never iron a garment with a stain, as the heat from the iron can set the stain into the fabric. If there is still a stain after washing, use our No. 3 Wet Stain Remover Stick , leave it on for a couple of hours, then machine wash again. Repeat the process if necessary.
By following these tips, you can remove lipstick stains from your clothes without using harsh chemicals. In addition, you will protect your clothes and avoid damaging them further.